De-Clutter & Create a Tidy Office Work Space
If you need an organized office space, you must de-clutter. If you want to look for right piece of information at right time and right place, you must regularly de-clutter the office space. And if you are really serious about getting the promotion and salary hike, then, certainly de-cluttering is the best option to look around. And apart from these instant benefits that de-cluttering would give you, it is also presents a fresh and tidy appearance, besides creating lasting impression before the clients.
Here are some of the effective ways to start de-cluttering in your office:
• Begin with De-cluttering the Office Layout – When you de-clutter the office layout, you ensure that there’s plenty of space to easily move between the office furniture. De-cluttering cleans up the space substantially so that you can easily walk your way to the file cabinet and the adjacent areas.
• Create a Balanced Space in the Office – A desk which is too large or too small doesn’t give good feeling as it will not create a harmony of the office layout. Just imagine for a second, if your office table is too small, than it would create an emptiness of the space. Similarly, if your office table is too big, it wouldn’t leave comfortable walking space around, and the space will appear cluttered.
• Get the Office Furniture Organized in Systematic Manner – For example, if you need the files frequently which are otherwise placed in the file cabinet, then, you need to place it in the area where you can reach the drawers easily while sitting on the chair. Again, if your cabin or cubicle is frequented by the staff members, then you should arrange three or four guest chairs close to your table.
• Organize the Office Utility Items – Regular office utility items such as printer, photocopier, fax machine, etc. should not be placed on your office table. Rather, a separate office space should be allocated for them, so that it is comfortable to use.
• Arrange the Desktop and drawers in a better Way – The best way to organize your drawer space is to go for labeling, wherein, you label all the project folders and then arrange them in a step file folder so they look smart lying on your desktop. Again, stacking trays are practical ideas for organizing your desktop and drawer space. It will create lot of space, and your office table top will look more than just amazing. You can search for the online office supply stores and chain retailers, should you want to buy assortment of plastic trays and caddies. The online office stationery stores are rich place to procure loose pens, paper clips and thumb tacks that can be arranged in the table drawers quite easily.
It would take some time before your office space looks organized and all the more appealing. After few days, it would not take more than just 5 or 10 odd minutes to get your office space organized completely. Moreover, tidy office space also generates good well being.