8 Essential Spring Cleaning Tips
With spring in the air, there are so many things to look forward to: spring flowers, spring break, spring fashion, spring weather. And then there is spring cleaning. While cleaning your home from top to bottom is undoubtedly worth the time and energy, many people shy away (or run screaming in the opposite direction) from such a time-consuming and tedious task. But by following these spring cleaning tips – and hiring professionals for things like carpet cleaning, painting, or upholstery cleaning – the job ahead of you will look a lot less daunting (and your home will be spick and span).
1. Create a plan. Determine how much time you can devote to cleaning each day, and set it aside on your schedule. Next, decide what projects are the most important and tackle those first.
2. Stock up on supplies. Make sure that you have all the supplies and materials you’ll need to get the job done. Once you get rolling, the last thing you want is to run out of cleaning supplies. Be sure to use green, non-toxic products to keep your home and the environment safe.
3. Cleaning your carpets and rugs will make a huge difference in the appearance of your home. After all, your carpet has endured a winter’s worth of dirt and dust. Taking the time to clean the carpets or getting them cleaned by a professional carpet cleaning service will make a world of difference in the cleanliness of your home. Regularly cleaning carpets and rugs also helps reduce pesky allergens.
4. Upholstery should be professionally cleaned. After normal wear and tear, your furniture can begin to look soiled, making the entire room feel dingy. Professional carpet cleaning companies generally offer upholstery cleaning services.
5. Give your home a good dusting. Since dust has the nasty habit of collecting in hard to reach places like the tops of ceiling fans, light fixtures, and blinds and shutters, consider getting an extendable dusting wand.
6. Let in the light. Clean the interior and exterior of windows so the sun to shine through. This will make your home feel much brighter.
7. Clean your baseboards. It’s easy to miss dust and dirt on these things, since most of us don’t pay much attention to them.
8. Pay special attention to your tile and grout. A thorough cleaning can remove grime and bring your tile and grout back to its original color. Businesses that offer carpet cleaning services often also do professional tile and grout cleaning.
These 8 spring cleaning tips can help you make your home more healthy for your family and will make everything look and feel fresh again.