5 Time Management Tips for the Online Home Business Owner
For someone just starting out online with a home based business there are many challenges…
For someone just starting out online with a home based business there are many challenges to face however, in my opinion, none is more daunting than finding the time to accomplish everything you need to do in the run of a day.
Time management was a long time nemesis of mine until I learned a few strategies to help me find the time I needed to complete all of my daily Internet marketing chores. Here are 5 techniques I use daily to manage my time more effectively and productively:
1. One tactic I find to be very useful is list making. At the end of every day my last task is to create a list of things I have to do tomorrow. This gives me a starting point for the following day so I can jump right in and start my job without having to waste time figuring out what I have to do for that work day.
Having a list also allows me to check off each job as it’s completed which gives me the incentive to continue because you get a sense of accomplishment with each duty you complete.
2. The biggest hurdle I had to overcome, and I sometimes still struggle with, is procrastination. There were times in the past when I would actually look for an excuse to put off doing something I didn’t enjoy until tomorrow or until whenever I found time to get around to it.
Now when something arises in my home business that I don’t particularly look forward to doing I simply remind myself of the rewards for completing the task now instead of later. Instead of just thinking about doing something make the effort to do it and you’ll soon see the results of your work.
3. When you’re creating your to do list for the following day do it with a realistic mindset. We’re all only human and there’s only so much we can complete during a normal work day.
So whatever you do don’t put too many chores on your list because you’ll only become discouraged by the results and you won’t be as enthusiastic about tackling your tasks the following day.
4. Always prioritize your jobs by giving more time to the biggest and most important tasks you have to complete. Most people waste too much of their work day completing mundane and minor jobs which could be put at the end of your list.
Having too much to do usually leads to rushing to get things done before the end of the day which results in mistakes being made and in time lost trying to repair the damage.
5. Organization is a key factor to saving time on the job. If you aren’t organized you usually waste more time trying to find key files and important documents that you need right now than the time you would need to complete the task at hand.
If you implement these 5 techniques on a regular basis you’ll soon see the results via increased productivity which usually translates into more sales and profits for your online home business.